My photo
I am the piano/violin player, creative partner , and songstress of This Way to the Egress. I have set up this blog to document the whereabout, whoseawhats, travels, trials and tribulations of our journey. It is This Way to my Story............

Monday, February 17, 2014

I Heart Ghostbusters and make some declarations.

Things are good.-

I have spent the last 3 weeks working on 55+ songs with Taylor to prepare for the second annual Steampunk Cruise.  We are returning for a second year and after the insane amount of snow we've had this winter I am so ready for a break to the Bahamas with a bunch of wonderful folks.  

Speaking of snow, I have gotten to spend my snow days in the company of my honey and two dear friends at the EGRESS INN.  We watched many movies, filmed a silly movie ourselves (see it here) lit tons of candles, played music, and ate awesome food for two days while the blizzard came.  It was so warm, cozy and full of love and it is just another reason why I love my present living situation.

Upon our return from the cruise, EGRESS has tons of things lined up. Some really awesome shows, a new stage show, we've begun consulting with a really, really awesome associate.  A new music video, a propaganda campaign,  a mini tour to Texas and possible a second come October to vegas (fingers crossed)

I also have been booked for my first ever solo "lady" tour. I am so excited to be traveling with three other wonderful ladies and performers. Reggie Bugmuncher will be providing the sideshow. Eyrie Twylite the Burlesque, Kristen Minskey Singer and Tap Dancer and yours truly playing her little music filled heart out.  It will be roughly about ten days- to Canada and back and it will be my third time performing out of the USA.  I am really looking forward to it. 

I have had a decent amount of recording commissions coming in and my hair flowers have been selling wonderfully at shows.  I am relatively healthy and in a beautifully healthy relationship.  It had certainly taken us a while to get here and to decide to go for it, but I am amazed every day at how sweet, supportive and loving he is and has become. It makes me want to be a better person.  Much like my experiences in the last four years.  Somewhere along the line, I became jaded, stressed and over worked and although I am living the artists life and working all of the time,.. I am keeping certain to not  take for granted the finer things in life like, friends, family, house plants and self realization.

Now if only I could kick some of these ghosts I have following me to bed every night,…… I'd be unstoppable.   I put in ghostbusters every night to help me sleep and it does help.
I've been missing some old lives, old songs, and old friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment