My photo
I am the piano/violin player, creative partner , and songstress of This Way to the Egress. I have set up this blog to document the whereabout, whoseawhats, travels, trials and tribulations of our journey. It is This Way to my Story............

Monday, October 11, 2010

Out on The Town With Taylor & THE MIDWAY!


So, in light of my little experiment,. Taylor, Myself and two dear friends went out to go see The Midway a local band described as hill billy gut rock, on Friday night at the funhouse in Bethlehem, PA . Egress had just played alongside THE MIDWAY at Magnolias Carnivale and we instantly hit it off so I figured, with all of this talk about building communities and getting out there and actually attending those facebook events I so frequently ignore; why not start with our new hometown friends and i couldn't have picked a better show!. Surrounded by cranberry and clubs we hoot and hollered along as the washboard was scratching, the bass a banging, the saw spinning eerie webs carried by the banjo styling of Mr Jim Daddy. If you have not checked them out yet please do!! I am attaching a video for your liking, however I must apologize for the quality of the shoot. It is a cover of the ole song "Goo Goo Muck" which they soon schooled me in knowing that it was a song long before one of my favorite bands The Cramps covered it. I just need to upload it to YouTube first!!!  Anywho,.....stay tuned; for Egress and The Midway will be teaming up for musical mayhem & Hellion Ruckus and I even think they will be taking a visit to Egress Studios to do some recording, so check 'em out and stay tuned for that!


Wonderfully this week is filled with 3 shows, monday 10/11/10 Taylor and I will be joining BITTER RUIN as a duo on their tour from the UK at the Parkside Lounge in NYC at which The Amazing Amy will be gracing the stage, Followed by the full band on Wednesday 10/13/10 at The Fire in Philly with BITTER RUIN, Jason Webley, The Absinthe Drinkers and Yula Beeri and ending the week will be This Ways 5th Freakshow Friday on friday 10/15/10, where we will be celebrating Jordanas birthday. Unfortunately with all of this mayhem I don't think Taylor and I will be able to get out to any events, but who knows one of our Lovely co- conspirators What Time is it Mr Fox is playing in NYC sat, maybe we can make that, But if not you should!
ttfn kiddies
luv & sLoPpy KiSseZ 
=Saddle=





www.myspace.com/themidway25

No comments:

Post a Comment